A namespace per team is automatically created in every NAIS cluster both on-prem and in GCP. Teams are managed using NAIS console.
Features of team namespaces:
- Team members have full admin access in that namespace. This includes
- Support for Kubernetes native secrets as an alternative to Vault.
- People from other teams cannot read native secrets in your team's namespace
- People from other teams does not have write access to your team's namespace. This prevents accidental changes or removal of Kubernetes resources used by your team.
- No longer forces use of the
nais.io/Applicationdoesn't support your requirements, or you simply prefer handling these resources yourself, you are free to do so.
Shared namespaces are no longer available as of December 2022.
Last update: 2022-12-01