If you have problems getting your pods running you should check out the official documentation from Kubernetes:
PS: Applications in the context above is not the NAIS applications. Debugging a NAIS applications resource is done
kubectl describe application $app_name.
I get an HTTP 503 Service Unavailable error when visiting the ingress for my application, why?¶
This indicates that your application is not ready to serve traffic. This is usually due to one of the following:
- The application is not deployed to the cluster
- The application is not up and running. This can be caused by a problem with the application itself, for example:
- The application doesn't respond to any configured health checks
- The application only has a single pod or replica, and that pod is not running
- The application is configured incorrectly (e.g. has missing required dependencies, has the wrong image, etc.)
- The application attempts to write files to the filesystem, which is mostly read-only by default
See also troubleshooting for deployments.
My application gets an HTTP 504 Gateway Timeout error when attempting to communicate with another application, why?¶
Otherwise, ensure that the other application is running and responding to requests in a timely manner (see also ingress customization for timeout configuration).